Municipal Technical Analyst
Posted Mar 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 66279
In Bloomberg's Global Data division, our technology drives our business.
Bloomberg's Fixed Income Department is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and innovative person who possesses a unique combination of business insight, tech skills, domain knowledge, and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Municipal group. You will be working alongside our business and engineering teams to develop municipal datasets and increase functionality in order to meet our client needs.
You will have an opportunity to discover potential improvements to our product coverage, processes and data processing applications. We will look for you to exhibit creativity in finding unique solutions to meet existing and new business initiatives. To do this, you’ll need to demonstrate your experience in user interface development and process automation alongside a strong interest in learning new programming techniques, languages, and our financial data products. With your team, you will help to build and improve work flows that will ensure that data is accurate, consistent, and delivered in a timely manner. You will interact and build relationships with rating agencies, municipal issuers, and other market participants.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Find opportunities for efficiencies and product development and see these ideas through to implementation
- Effectively communicate research findings, project progress and success to business partners in compelling creative and accessible ways
- Liaise with Business, Engineering, and Tech Ops to develop and deliver on projects and initiatives
- Sourcing and qualifying relevant Municipal data
- Research and understand the available solutions and make proposals for improving the existing data model
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a STEM or business field
- 2-3 years of experience utilizing statistics or software development languages such as Python, VB.NET, R, or SQL
- Proven professional experience working to enhance processes through the implementation of technology.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and advanced spreadsheet techniques
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, VBA, and PowerPoint
- Strong research and analytical skills with experience analyzing large and complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to construct professional looking reports and presentations
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
We would love to see:
- Understanding and knowledge of the municipal bond market and credit analysis