Municipal Technical Analyst
Posted Apr 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 74487
In Bloomberg's Global Data division, our technology drives our business. Bloomberg's Fixed Income Department is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and innovative person who possesses a unique combination of business insight, technical skills, domain knowledge, and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Municipal group. You will be responsible for using a combination of open source, third party, and proprietary technology to improve and optimize the acquisition, data processing, and automation capabilities of Bloomberg’s Global Data division. This may involve building web-scrapers, creating ETL pipelines for new data sets, implementing data management workflows, or detecting anomalies to ensure data quality. As a data analyst you may specialize in one of these technologies and business processes, but ultimately look to utilize the full Global Data technology stack for the betterment of the product. In accordance with the agile development methodology we value partnership. We need to ensure consistency working with the Data Specialists, Software Engineers, and Technical Project Managers to deliver solutions to business problems. This will ultimately facilitate the provision of timely, accurate, and comprehensive information that enables Bloomberg clients to make critical financial decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop end-to-end solutions using open source, third party and internal tools for data processing that power Bloomberg’s product offerings
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition and processing of data that would otherwise require manual effort
- We will look for you to exhibit creativity in finding unique solutions to meet existing and new business initiatives. To do this, you’ll need to demonstrate your experience in user interface development and process automation alongside a strong interest in learning new programming techniques and languages.
- With your team, you'll ensure that data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar, or up to 2 years of professional work experience in the relevant the field
- Experience with scripting (Python experience is a strong plus)
- SQL Database design, development, and performance optimization experience
- Understanding of VBA and experience with C#, VB.NET, JSON, and XML
- Understanding of relational database structure and ability to design and maintain robust custom database schemas
- Business Intelligence (BI) background including data analysis, query design and report automation, plus hands on experience building data visualization dashboards, scorecards and KPI’s
- Experience in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them
- Ability to research and implement best-practice database management techniques
- Working experience in an Agile methodology is highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical concepts to business partners and management
- Excellent project management skills including ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
- Customer focused mindset & exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Desire to influence others and lead change
- Familiarity with Data Science tools and/or Machine Learning techniques
- The ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.