Municipal Vendor Manager
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 104955
Bloomberg’s Municipals Data product is looking for an individual to be its dedicated vendor manager on a team of market experts and technologists tasked with building up its Municipals database. The team, in Data, is responsible for the data management of +900K active securities, covering over 30,000 unique issuers across the 50 states. As a result, the group maintains relationships with market participants to directly source unique, valuable content while using technology to acquire and process publicly available information. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels Municipal functionality and enterprise products, which enables our clients to understand when new deals are coming to market and perform portfolio analysis.
To do so you will collaborate with the Service Providers directly, as well as several internal partners. First, you’ll partner directly with data product teams to set business goals and corresponding strategies for achieving them and become the primary point of contact for the vendor engagement(s) for the products you support. Second, you’ll work closely with the Global Data Sourcing Office (GDSO) to define success measures, scopes of work, and key service levels for inclusion in our governance documentation, for all business deliverables, raising any contractual changes wherever necessary. Third, you’ll work with the Business Analytics team to create the necessary reporting to monitor and control operations on an ongoing basis. Finally, you will be responsible for advising on strategic sourcing options, optimizing operations and conducting regular communication with both external providers and internal team members.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with data product teams and GDSO to devise an outsourcing strategy that supports the realization of key business objectives while using the most ideal resource mix
- Regularly communicate results to and share reporting with collaborators across the organization
- Proactively call out production issues impacting or caused by vendors to insure appropriate escalation and action while using experience to provide timely resolution to vendor related issues
- Work with CFO and GDSO to complete staffing changes or new initiatives
- Work with GDSO to maintain access and privilege for new or expanding projects
- Manage all aspects of the operations (Some examples include: Establish and maintain KPI's and SLA's, coordinate training sessions for improving quality, track improvement, analyze performance to identify gaps and enhancement opportunities, etc)
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 1+ years experience working with vendor resources or managing outsourcing relationships with third-party service providers
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with business intelligence/data visualization tools
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Flexibility to travel internationally
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with the Fixed Income Market
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.