Municipals Securities Data Analyst
Posted Feb 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 111468
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. In our Data department, we are responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective.
The Municipals Data team is responsible for the data management of +900K active securities, covering over 30,000 unique issuers across the 50 states, including U.S. territories and commonwealths. As a result, the group manages relationships with market participants to directly source unique, valuable content while using technology to acquire and process publicly available information. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels Municipal functionality and enterprise products, enabling our clients to follow new deals coming to market and perform portfolio analysis.
Bloomberg Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Municipal Product. You will be part of a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the lifecycle of a Municipal security. Analysts within the team are in constant communication with market participants who are bringing new deals to market. You will play a key role in producing financial content, calculations, research notes and analyses for our clients using the Bloomberg Terminal, while also inspiring news content that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Demonstrating a commitment to learning and a passion for the Fixed Income industry is required.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, provide, update and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary tools.
- Provide timely and in-depth customer support for users of the Bloomberg Terminal and other data consumers.
- Monitor financial market developments to build industry knowledge and data analytical capabilities that generate premium content, including data-driven news stories.
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements.
- Partner with a wide variety of teams ranging from Engineering to Sales on product development
You'll need you to have:
- 1+ years relevant experience in a role within the financial markets including familiarity of Fixed Income products
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Educational Background in Finance, Economics, Business Administration
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills
- An interest in technology and data analysis
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.