Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
What’s the role?
The Master Data & Governance organization within Global Data provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Bloomberg. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, and master/reference data management. This team is responsible for improving data governance and data quality across various data domains (Entity Management, Security Management, Entity Attributes etc.) to empower our business partners and systems.
This team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to maintain and extend our knowledge representations. In addition this person will partner with various cross-functional business & technical teams to ensure understanding of how to utilize the team’s metadata and taxonomies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with the Senior Ontologist in the design, maintenance and future-proofing of our knowledge management practices.
- Actively manage the existing ontology; create/delete/update nodes and metadata.
- Actively maintain the Class classification rules. Coordinate fallout remediation with dataset owners.
- Coordinate with the Reference Data Manager to develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency and interoperability of data models.
- Coordinate with the Bloomberg Data Dictionary Team to ensure the knowledge representation is integrated into the Bloomberg Attribute Model.
- Review Domain and Range for Entities and Controlled Vocabularies and coordinate agreement on -SuperTyping and other aspects of the Bloomberg Attribute Model.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Work closely with the business and engineering teams to define data elements, metadata, master/reference data rules, processes and data quality metrics.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable background in knowledge representations and modelling. Practiced in W3C semantic standards.
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of semantic web technologies, natural-language processing or unstructured content classification.
- Working knowledge of RDF/OWL in multiple syntaxes.
- Experience with triple stores, graphs, document stores and other No-SQL databases.
- Proficiency in data analysis, semantic modeling, knowledge and ontology engineering.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We would like to see:
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.