Posted May 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 103173
Bloomberg’s Corporate Philanthropy Team’s mission is to harness the skills and resources of our employees and our business to benefit colleagues, communities, and clients around the world. Corporate Philanthropy is core to the culture of Bloomberg and has both an internal and external focus, aiming to reflect the global scale, diversity, and culture at Bloomberg. We have a commitment to addressing unmet needs in the communities around the world in which our employees live and work. The Corporate Philanthropy team coordinates the company's partnerships with charitable and cultural organizations globally, collaborates with other departments, teams and offices to drive business, and coordinates all our volunteer engagement with partner organizations.
We are looking for an energetic, approachable, and dedicated individual to join the corporate philanthropy team as a program coordinator for all of our employee programs, events, cultural and non-profit partnerships in our New Jersey offices.
You must have exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, able to think strategically on the go, take quick and appropriate initiative, and enjoy working with a diversity of stakeholders. You must be able to manage or facilitate projects and events from conception to completion with an understanding of our strategic priorities. You will be tasked with making quick, reliable decisions in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of programs, events and processes. You will be proactive and efficient in organizing a variety of programs and events on and off site. As a key member of the corporate philanthropy team, you will help to align corporate philanthropy goals with Bloomberg’s business priorities. You must be creative, comfortable and confident in your approach, and understand there is an expectation of flexibility in hours that include evening and weekends with travel to the New York office weekly.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage and execute a wide range of partnerships for employee engagement programs including program development with the Diversity and Inclusion team.
- Coordinate with all local nonprofit partners to organize meaningful individual, team and family volunteer opportunities; establish new and maintain ongoing relationships with cultural and non-profit partners.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training and tracking of metrics.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of the Corporate Philanthropy team to align on partnerships and programs. Work with the Events team to create programs and
events both large and small, review date and time, logistics, develop run of show, select catering, and manage other event details, when necessary. - Prepare presentations, reports and in office communication.
You'll need to have:
- 3-6 years of experience working in events or project management.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and outreach skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and vendors across business units, with varying experience and tenures, and senior-level management.
- Comfort with excel, power point and database management, strong presentation skills, and comfort hosting training/ info sessions, and programs both virtually and in person.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully carry out overlapping program and event schedules in a fast passed, innovative, and ambitious environment.
- Outstanding judgement and discretion, and the enthusiasm and skill required to work as a collaborative team member.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.