Physical Assets Data Product Manger
Posted Feb 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 114177
Bloomberg runs on data, and the Bloomberg Data team is responsible for supplying it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data that is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets.
The physical location, nature, and characteristics of company assets can help investors to understand risks to a company arising from its geography, such as climate and geopolitical risks, as well as find opportunities in the market. Physical asset data related to a company is important for our clients – providing deeper intelligence on top of conventional financial and climate as reported data to help with valuations of a company, understanding where a physical asset sits within a supply chain, company reliance on a physical location or supply of physical raw materials. At Bloomberg, physical assets data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of sustainable finance products.
As the Physical Assets Data Product Manager, you will use your market knowledge and experience to deliver a data strategy and roadmap for the future of the physical assets data offering and achieve consensus from all partners. You will use this roadmap to continuously deliver on milestones and revise as needed with evolving market and client needs, to deliver the maximum business value. You will engage with clients to understand their business needs and partner with Data, Product and Engineering teams to create a comprehensive vision and data model. You will define the data strategy and roadmap, analyze data gaps and opportunities, profile data content, and translate business needs into requirements for a data model.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate extensively with internal customers to understand business and client needs across Terminal and Enterprise Product, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bloomberg Intelligence, Engineering and Data teams focused on climate initiatives
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s physical asset data offering to find opportunities to expand depth and breadth of coverage
- Ensure data is fit for purpose for our customer's needs and incorporate standard methodologies into workflows to ensure high quality
- Coordinate across teams to build a well thought out data architecture and model with a focus on interoperability
- Set requirements to ensure data governance and standardization across datasets
- Continuously deliver incremental value while adjusting roadmap, as needed, through an Agile approach
You’ll need to have:
- Deep domain expertise and understanding of physical asset data and how financial market players could use physical asset level data to mitigate portfolio risk and fulfill potential regulatory requirements
- Mastery in analyzing and prioritizing data considering how client’s need to interact with our data, enterprise-wide product needs, and engineering objectives
- Experience with communicating and coordinating with internal and external groups to define project scope and meet project deliverables across the implementation process
- Customer-focused approach and ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
- Technical proficiency in being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
We’d love to see:
- Previous 2+ years’ experience working with large, sophisticated data models
- Extensive product manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market
- Proficiency in Python or SQL
- Familiarity working with geospatial data
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.