Portfolio Holdings Data Analyst
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102522
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, providing it to our clients and helping draw significant insights out of it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise products - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to clients.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Portfolios team in Data is responsible for the data management of Mutual Funds and ETF portfolio holdings, as well as public portfolios such as government investment pools, Collateralized Loan Obligation etc. As a result, the group manages relationships with market participants and fund custodians to directly source unique, valuable content while using technology to acquire and process publicly available information. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels analytics, supports News, and enables our clients to follow the money flows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research new data sets to expand the coverage of our products
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as data-driven news stories
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Use a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Apply statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM field
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Superb communication and customer service skills and experience in building strong relationships with clients and partners
- Proven understanding of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Effective research skills and good attention to detail
- Knowledge on the Funds and Holdings industry
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to tackle real-world problems
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.