Product Analyst - Index Product Integration
Posted Jan 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 99743
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the role?
You'll be joining an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. Our diverse portfolio of products consists of various indices and benchmarks across all asset classes. You will be part of a team that will focus on growing the usage of indices across Terminal functions, as well as building tools to support development of new indices. You would work closely with Engineering, Sales, Production, Global Data and Marketing, as well as collaborate with teams across core terminal, enterprise product and enterprise solutions to build, maintain and grow our business. You’ll help drive the integration of the Fixed Income indices with Bloomberg Terminal analytics that will create new opportunities across two market leading brands in the industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of fixed income, across both analytics and asset classes, as well as an understanding of index construction, the index industry, and the asset management industry.
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent for extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, design, quality control, and documentation of our fixed income index offering
- Support our index business across portfolio management, risk and attribution, and product development teams
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the fixed income family
- Become an expert in the Bloomberg fixed income index methodology
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of index industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications (e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics)
- Deep knowledge of fixed income data (e.g., asset classes, analytics and classifications, ESG data), fixed income markets, and the fixed income index industry
- Proven track record in developing analysis tools or fixed income benchmarks
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- A highly numerate skillset, with excellent analytical capabilities working on bond and index analytics
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Ideally analytic programming experience e.g., R, Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.