Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 102980
The Company Financials Data team at Bloomberg designs and builds company analysis tools for the Bloomberg Terminal, API and Enterprise. This includes marquee applications on Bloomberg such as: Financial Analysis (FA) Analyst Recommendations (ANR) Estimates (EEO) and Models (MODL), and all company financials data which feeds downstream into other applications. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Product and Engineering departments, to ensure we provide best of breed solutions to clients.
The team structures itself around solving client problems. Most of which require tracking the evolution of a data point from data processing, to database and data taxonomy, to API syntax design, to front-end applications as we bring a product to market. Given the range of skills needed a willingness to learn and work as a team player is crucial, as are excellent communication skills.
You would be responsible for understanding our target clients and under-served needs, and then designing, prioritizing and implementing a strategy all the way to taking it to market and measuring efficacy.
An example initiative you could be working on would be making sure that Bloomberg captures and provides guidance data that companies provide regarding their future. For example Netflix management commenting on their outlook for future subscriber numbers. To be successful here you would need to be operating with multiple groups such as:
- >Working with engineering to use machine learning to increase automated recall, document classification precision, extracting sentiment, building robust tools for manual remediation and considering downstream distribution channels (alerting mechanisms, real-time delivery etc).
- > Liaising with Companies Data team to improve taxonomy, ensure proper alignment of this dataset with Company Reported and Broker Disclosed content, and ensure timely ingestion.
- > Partnering with UX design and Sales to ensure that the data is delivered in a manner that answers client questions. Measuring the impact of the product when it is brought to market.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for the Company Financials products
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
- Come up with metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable skills in designing systems for data processing, data modeling or APIs
- Technical proficiency in being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Knowledge of how company financials data is used by different financial market players (especially Portfolio Managers and Analysts)
We’d love to see:
- Extensive Product Manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
- A degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS)
*Please note this role can be based in Princeton, NJ or New York City or London
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.