Project Manager/Agile Coach - Data INDG
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110617
The Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated and experienced professional with both PMO and Agile expertise to join the INDG Data team. This role will focus on the evaluation of the current agile practices within the department and execution of a vision to strengthen, maintain and find new innovative ways of working. You will be expected to measure and track the performance of our teams showing incremental improvements over time. You will need to coach and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure we have a sustainable framework for managing work and that members of the team are given the tools to efficiently implement this plan by knowing how to run and participate in day to day agile events. You will also be in charge of the creation and delivery of training programs, facilitating our Agile community events, building our Agile and Lean knowledgebase.
In addition to leading our Agile practices, you will be asked to manage assigned projects and initiatives, working to effectively partner with relevant parties to support as a project manager. Standard activities will include, but not be limited to leading project kick-off and recurring project team meetings, maintaining project schedules and risk registers, creating weekly status reports; communication throughout the entire project and acting as the central liaison for the project. Projects may be technical or business processes in nature. You will also contribute to the evolution of the department in helping establish project development life cycle processes, templates and overall governance structures.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with teams, managers and senior leaders across the entire INDG organization
- Grow their practices, environment, relationships and mindsets
- Create and use a network of people to better achieve results
- Use your experience and knowledge to choose the appropriate tools, techniques and approaches in a variety of contexts
You’ll need to have:
- A deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles, from mindset and values to practices and tools
- Demonstrable self-growth in Agile, Lean and coaching skills
- An all hands-on-deck mentality to your work - depending on the task at hand you may be coach, facilitator, mentor, trainer or implementer
- A track record of success in working with development teams, managers and senior leaders as they transitioned to improved ways of working
- Experience as a Scrum Master or some other equivalent role
- An accomplished background in professional coaching - partnering with people to encourage self-discovery, eliciting their own solutions and strategies, and holding them responsible and accountable for them
- Strong experience in facilitation, guiding groups through processes that help them to come to solutions and make decisions
- Teaching skills - designing and delivering training that is effective, engaging and focused
- Experience implementing an Agile rollout or transformation to a department
- Proficiency with Jira
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.