Bloomberg provides multi-asset order and execution management solutions and investment cycle analytics that enable buy-side and sell-side firms to turn their trade and order data into a competitive advantage. As a result, firms can create more efficient workflows, connect to the global capital markets, drive regulatory compliance and lower their total cost of ownership. Our trading solutions products are integrated with the core Bloomberg Professional service to offer a robust and complete order management system that allows for optimization of workflow, increased direct market access, management of risk and compliance, and improved operational efficiency.
That's where you come in.
What's the role?
We are seeking an Automation Engineer to support our suite of order management solutions products. Responsibilities for this role include scripting, and maintaining automation solutions for system test automated regression and defect reporting prior to software releases. The engineer will also focus on integration testing tools, beta environment maintenance, script maintenance, maintenance of the automation framework, and performance/stress testing. The role requires an analytical problem solver who is energetic, creative, and flexible with strong communication skills and an understanding of financial products and order management applications. Strong project management skills are a must.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain and develop automated testing of data feeds, various message structures; various file/message transfer technologies, and GUI interfaces.
- Partner with QA analyst team to commit manual test cases into regression.
- Create automated test scripts to verify data structures, data values, data formats, and basic performance (file comparisons).
- Automate test plans, test cases, and manual test scripts for applications built upon the Bloomberg platform.
- Collaborate and partner closely with QA Leads and Development teams to understand data feeds, data flows, data structures, and applications.
- Administer and maintain all automation scripts and review all product changes.
- Prepare schedules for all test activities and document all bug issues for database and implement all test scripts for various projects.
- Monitor automation processes and prepare defect status reports.
- Coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback on release quality.
- Analyze current inventory of regression scripts and rectify inefficiencies.
- Support all aspects of our proprietary automation tool, coordinating with engineering teams on software changes and strategically address.
- Analyze, consolidate, and upgrade internal mappings used within the automation tool.
- Be organized and have ability to break down complex product specifications, collaborate with QA Analysts, Product and Engineering teams, and proactively harness and automate critical test scenarios, and automate manual tests.
What do I need to apply?:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- 5 years of manual and automated testing experience in regression, integration, and performance testing.
- Experience using automated testing tools
- VB Script, VB.Net, VBA, XML
- Scripting- C#, Python, or JAVA
- Automation experience testing data feeds MQ, FTP with FIX, XML data formats.
- Experience with Automation Tools & Script Writing
- Experience with financial markets preferred
- The ability to quickly obtain detailed knowledge of complex products and apply software test techniques for rapid production releases
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business experts to capture critical workflows for test preparation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next step.