Quality Analyst: People Data
Posted Nov 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 111529
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering comprehensive information, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Our customers leverage our unique dataset of corporate executives, directors, and individuals moving the market to identify risks and opportunities via unconventional financial analysis. Factors including corporate governance, executive pay for performance, and corporate diversity have become a crucial piece to forming business decisions with deeper level company intelligence.
In addition, our dataset serves as a professional community for our Bloomberg Professional customers. This exclusive functionality enables our customers to manage their Bloomberg profiles, network with Bloomberg’s financial network, and streamline prospecting opportunities.
As a Quality Analyst, you will apply your problem-solving skills to manage textual and numerical data that feeds Bloomberg products, identify innovative pre and post publish workflow efficiencies, and implement technical solutions to enhance our quality systems, products and processes.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply quantitative methods to build data-driven processes that improve data quality in a quantifiable manner
- Leverage technology to analyze data anomalies and design pre/post publish processes to ensure data quality
- Work with the Data team, vendor management team, Engineering, and Product stakeholders to design business metrics reporting for data accuracy
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to define, enhance, and implement data quality best practices
- Familiarize yourself with data collection and workflow processes You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or a related degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in a quality assurance role and exposure to relational databases, anomaly detection systems, and data pipelines
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building, business development, and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills
- Proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Experience with data visualization tools like Qlik Sense or Tableau
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.