Quality Assurance Analyst – Buy Side Platform
Posted Jan 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 80918
Bloomberg is seeking a senior level Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform functional testing for our Buyside Trading System suite of applications known as AIM (Asset and Investment Manager). AIM builds on Bloomberg's core data and analytics, offering Buyside institutions, hedge funds, and proprietary trading desks a complete front-end Order Management System package. AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions from portfolio, trading, and middle office & back office operations. Allowing clients to manage their portfolio and risk, optimize their workflows, enhance compliance and lower their operational risk.
The successful candidate must have working knowledge of both Fixed Income and Equity markets, have at least 5 years of previous relevant QA experience and possess a strong understanding of QA methodology. Working experience with financial markets is required. We are looking for someone energetic, creative, and flexible with strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple builds and frequent releases. Responsibilities include obtaining and analyzing software requirements, developing scenarios and granular test cases to execute against new system enhancements and creating automated regression test scripts that are run weekly. Agility and organizational skills are a must, to best support multiple projects and stakeholder expectations with regard to high quality results, in a timely manner.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply previous financial market Buyside experience to expand test coverage across AIM’s Order Management applications
- Build an in-depth understanding of our client’s workflows through heavy integration with our development and product teams in New York & London
- Conduct functional testing, via analysis of software requirements, on products and builds under test
- Build robust regression test scripts using our automated technology, or by designing or building new solutions and tools
- Utilize strong project management skills with energy, creativity and flexibility needed to handle multiple builds and frequent releases
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Economics, Finance or Business
- At least 5 years of relevant Financial Markets software testing experience
- An understanding of both Fixed Income and Equity Assets & Markets
- Ability to apply software test techniques to software that changes in a rapid code cycle
- Experience with Order Management Systems & Electronic Trading Applications
- Experience with Automation Tools & Script Writing suited for regression test execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Strong MS Excel, VB Script, VB.NET, VBA
- Experience with Python
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.