Quality Assurance Automation Analyst - Enterprise Data
Posted Sep 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 105442
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate. Firms that contribute to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
The Data License Platform UAT team within Enterprise Data at Bloomberg is responsible for crafting and carrying out QA test plans for all of our platform related changes. We are looking for someone with programming/coding skills to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts.
As a QA Analyst on the team, we’ll expect you to:
- To create and execute test plans and report on test execution.
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Perform automated and manual testing of the Data License Platform including Functional, Regression, UAT, Automation and Performance testing
- Produce high quality documentation of test artifacts
- Design and build out the Python-based test framework using Selenium WebDriver
- Technical skills and familiarity with use of technologies to aid in defect analysis (e.g. Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks).
- Defect management and logging of product issues into JIRA - Providing clear, articulate steps to aid the development team in troubleshooting the issues
- Working knowledge of testing web applications and APIs
- Participate in our sprint meetings and help establish a Test Driven Development approach for the development teams
- Represent QA function at team meetings when required.
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience with building Test automation Framework of QA functionality preferably using Python
- Experience with automated testing tool - Selenium WebDriver essential
- Strong scripting abilities – classes, functions and methods
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exemplary presentation, training, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and lead projects to completion
- Knowledge of financial data and web development
- Experience with GitHub, Git and cloud – Azure and AWS
- Exposure to API Testing tools like SOAPUI, ReadyAPI, Postman is a plus.
We’d love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.