Quality Assurance Engineer - Electronic Trading
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 111056
Who we are:
We are the engineering team behind the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform encompassing Fixed Income securities, Commodities, Currencies, Derivatives and Equities. Our platform provides end-to-end solutions across the trading life cycle so traders can connect more successfully to the global trading markets — all in one place.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to automate testing and software delivery at all stages of the SDLC and post deployment. You will work closely with Product Managers, Application Engineers and ET Test Infrastructure to design and deliver a continuous testing and continuous deployment framework.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to understand functional requirements
- Take ownership and responsibility for the testing of our trading product
- Understand how to apply the appropriate test strategy for each scenario
- Help to support the automation testing strategy throughout Electronic Trading SDLC
- Help realize our vision for continuous deployment and continuous testing
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in Test or in Quality Assurance
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Passion for delivering quality software at speed
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated backend and UI testing frameworks
- A desire to drive DevOps and CI/CD
- An understanding of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Exposure to Docker and containerization
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.