Quality Assurance Engineer - Electronic Trading
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 111056
The Electronic Trading QA Team is looking for a Quality Engineer to help test our trading platforms through automation and software delivery at all stages of the SDLC and post deployment.
As a member of the Electronic Trading QA Team, you will be working closely with SREs, Application Engineers and Bloomberg infrastructure teams to deliver test plans and automated solutions for our trading platforms.
Bloomberg’s Electronic Trading is one of the world’s largest trading platforms that allows traders to buy and sell assets with the world’s largest banks and brokers. In ET, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Equities, Commodities and Options are traded either through UI applications or directly through APIs. The trading activity is highly regulated and so we demand exceptional quality in our software releases.
The ideal candidate will have experience in scripting languages and be motivated by high quality testing and delivering quality products. The candidate should possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem-solving independently and in collaborative teams.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop/expand automation test frameworks used by QA and Engineering teams
- Capture and analyze test coverage metrics
- Test the capacity, stress and reliability of the trading platform
- Help to support the automation testing strategy throughout Electronic Trading SDLC
- Help realize our vision for continuous deployment and continuous testing
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience in QA/SDET role
- Strong problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience in working with financial applications
- An understanding of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.