Quant Research Data Scientist
Posted Oct 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 96831
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Our goal is to innovate, redefine, and break boundaries in expanding our modern data business. In Global Data, our focus is how data is acquired, processed, validated and stored. Working across industries and asset classes, we draw on expertise from all backgrounds to identify the most impactful insights. Our work leads directly to client satisfaction, which contributes to Bloomberg’s profitability and ability to keep innovating.
The Quant Research Data Science team is directly aligned to Bloomberg Intelligence (BI). It is responsible for building analytical systems that support critical research that is a key factor in client investment decisions. Our team works closely with Bloomberg Intelligence, the investment research arm of Bloomberg. The BI teams deliver independent research and data-driven perspectives providing in-depth analysis and data sets on industries and companies.
The team is responsible for:
- Analyzing the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies translate into financial results
- Examining industries changing landscape and how technology, regulation, demographic and ESG trends may affect company performance
- Assessing government, macro, credit, FX, ETFs and litigation factors that can impact markets and decision making
Through data-driven research, BI creates analytically themed articles and datasets that are distributed to Bloomberg’s global clients to support their investment strategy and business needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply your coding skills: automate the influx of data and build flexible solutions for data processing and analytics pipelines, and data visualization to support product needs
- Inspire and impact our business: act as an internal consultant to influence and implement more efficient products through analysis, dashboards, web apps, and user documentation
- Collaborate across teams: gather requirements across teams, synthesize into generic solutions, and serve in project management capacities to drive initiative to the finish line
- Champion improvements: identify strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for solutions over workarounds
- Grow our business: approach each day knowing this role is critical to the success of the firm. We will rely on your expertise, and our flat structure allows for you to make measurable impact
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- Strong financial market knowledge, including knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- 2+ years of Python programming and scripting in a production environment
- Demonstrated proficiency using data and statistical modeling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.