Securities Data Analyst
Posted Sep 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 109242
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Analyst you will apply your problem-solving skills to manage the financial data that feeds Bloomberg products. You will identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key players in the financial market.
Our Data Analysts possess a unique combination of business insight and technical aptitude, as well as strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms, playing a key role in empowering our clients to make well informed business decisions. Providing exceptional support assisting our clients with their data queries is a key part of the role.
Our Securities team leverages multiple sources from the market for the creation and maintenance of instruments in the terminal. The team covers various data products including Fixed Income, Loans, Structured Products, Corporate Actions, Mergers & Acquisitions and more. Data is procured directly from market participants, regulatory bodies, exchanges, clearing houses, etc. A large amount of our work revolves around maintaining relationships with contributors and managing data pipelines to process their data. Given the demand for the timeliness and quality of this data, our teams also receive high volumes of queries from our customers ranging from confirmation queries to questions about calculations, analytics, etc. Our team also supports initiatives in the space of quality, process engineering, ETL, and data modeling.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Provide timely and in-depth customer support for users of the Bloomberg Terminal and our associated Enterprise Products
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Monitor financial market developments to build subject matter expertise and data analytical capabilities that generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Partner with a wide variety of teams ranging from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, STEM, or a related degree or equivalent experience; a Masters degree a plus!
- 1-2 years of work experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A passion for data, technology and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Demonstrated experience using Python, SQL, or related languages
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and concepts; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com