Senior BI/QlikSense Engineer - Business Intelligence (Contract)
Posted Mar 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 80805
**Please not that this is a contract position**
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for driving analytics throughout the organization to improve our products, engage better with our customers, create greater efficiencies, and drive new businesses by providing insights into the data. Can you change the way our business works?
Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products, how our systems execute, and how our employees engage with our customers. We are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle petabytes of data, with billions of new data points being ingested daily?
Are you a hands-on Senior BI architect and developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with performing analytics and creating visualizations on large volumes of diverse data with complex business rules? A key objective of this role is for you to provide analysis, design and developmental insight for the team in building an enterprise level data analytics platform using industry standard concepts against our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Big Data environments. Are you excited to innovate, educate, and drive new concepts both within the team and across our organization?
In order to be successful:
- You should have a working knowledge of industry standard Data Infrastructure (e.g. Warehouse, BI, Analytics, Big-Data, etc.) tools with the goal of providing end users with analytics at the speed of thought.
- You should be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms using Industry leading BI / Reporting solutions.
- You should thrive while interacting directly with end users and becoming a subject matter expert in order to architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
- You must have strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- You should be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of database expertise. Advanced SQL capabilities and dimensional modeling expertise are required. Experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- 2+ year of experience with QlikSense or QlikView
- Strong data reporting and visualization experience with the ability to tell a story and drive analytics solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with business users to gather requirements and manage scope
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience with a wide variety of BI tools, such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, Business Objects.
- Experience in the creation of Extension objects using Qlik Capability APIs and QLIK Engine API.
- Understanding of data warehousing methodologies and ETL processing in tools such as Informatica.
- Understanding of VLDB performance aspects, such as table partitioning, sharding, table distribution and optimization techniques
- Experience working in a big data environment
- Programming experience, including Java, C++, Python, ksh
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.