Senior BI/QlikSense Engineer - Business Intelligence
Posted Dec 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 79998
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for driving analytics throughout the organization to improve our products, engage better with our customers, create greater efficiencies, and drive new businesses by providing insights into the data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products, how our systems execute, and how our employees engage with our customers. We are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics.
Are you a hands-on Senior BI architect and developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with performing analytics and creating visualizations on large volumes of diverse data with complex business rules? A key objective of this role is for you to provide analysis, design and developmental insight for the team in building an enterprise level data analytics platform using industry standard concepts against our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Big Data environments.
In order to be successful:
- You should have a working knowledge of industry standard Data Infrastructure (e.g. Warehouse, BI, Analytics, Big-Data, etc.) tools with the goal of providing end users with analytics at the speed of thought.
- You should be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms using Industry leading BI / Reporting solutions.
- You should thrive while interacting directly with end users and becoming a subject matter expert in order to architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
- You should be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in QlikSense or QlikView
- Advanced SQL capabilities
- Strong data reporting and visualization experience
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, ETL processing and dimensional data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with business users to gather requirements and manage scope
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience with a wide variety of BI tools, such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, Business Objects.
- Experience in the creation of Extension objects using Qlik Capability APIs and QLIK Engine API.
- Understanding of VLDB performance aspects, such as table partitioning, sharding, table distribution and optimization techniques
- Experience working in a big data environment
- Programming experience, including Java, C++, Python, ksh
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk! Please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.