Senior Backend Software Engineer- DataHub
Posted Jul 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 96706
The DataHub Engineering team provides a distributed platform for hosting datasets, complete with managed data stores, search, discovery, batch analytics and real-time stream processing capabilities. Our goals: ensure high quality content, which is indispensable to financial markets, is cataloged, standardized, discoverable, distributed and accessible in one place.
Who are you:
The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver who enjoys working in multiple roles and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You are curious, kind, continually learning, and happy to share what you learn. You enjoy pursuing complex issues to their root cause. You are a backend software engineer and love building infrastructure for other engineers.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of the DataHub team that owns the companywide dataset schema registry. It is the Hub of financial data at the most influential financial data company in the world. You will be a catalyst in building and managing Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) Metadata tooling for all datasets. You would be instrumental in enhancing the experience for all users for rapid BQL enablement of data at Bloomberg. You will also have the opportunity to work with the CTO office and all financial application teams at Bloomberg. Additionally we trust you to build a highly scalable, reliable, secure, multi-tenant backend for BQL Analytics on public cloud as well as on premises, using cloud native technologies like object stores.
DataHub is a platform for all application groups at Bloomberg, offering you additional opportunities to interact with many engineers throughout the company!
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of coding experience building reliable high-performance services using Java
- Experience designing and building Product APIs
- Experience designing scalable systems using object stores, messaging and databases
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
We'd love to see:
- The ability to take ownership, uphold quality, as well as empathy for our users and team
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
About Us: Meet the DataHub Engineering Team https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-datahub-engineering