Senior Funds Data Specialist
Posted Mar 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 114661
Bloomberg’s Funds Data product is looking for an individual to join its team of market experts and technologists to build up its asset manager database. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors.
As part of the Funds Data team, you’ll help build up the product’s database on collective investment trusts (CITs) and separately managed accounts (SMAs) grows. The CIT and SMA data space is a growing group at Bloomberg and is critical to support clients in the retirement and investment advisory space.
We'll trust you to:
- Research the CIT and SMA landscape to stay on top of trends, new data sources, and help drive new product developments
- Speak with managers in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Funds Database
- Maintain a constant presence in the industry through networking and leading at conferences and events
- Answer client inquiries as a customer service representative for users of Bloomberg’s funds data
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's product offering
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Funds Database to current and potential clients
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 2-5 years experience working within the asset management or market data industries
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Prior experience working with a customer relationship manager (CRM) system
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Interest in information technology, data modeling and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of SQL, Python, Regex, JSON)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.