Senior Data Management Professional - Data Quality
Posted Jan 18, 2024 - Requisition No. 122677
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We optimize the value of our data by combining our domain and technical expertise to make our data fit-for-purpose, timely and accurate. We apply our problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to better handle our data.
A Senior Data Management Professional (DMP) is a key role within our organization responsible for optimizing our data for clients and improving our data operations. They act as technical leaders setting the strategy for data products, developing interconnected data models, crafting data architectures, ensuring data quality, and using various techniques, including programming and statistical methods, to extract valuable insights from data. They are expected to be problem solvers, effective communicators and versatile at balancing technical expertise with a product-focused approach. This role encompasses various specialty areas, including Data Engineering, Data Product Ownership, Data Modeling & Data Quality and requires a solid background in data management.
The Data Quality team sits alongside our Business Intelligence and Process Engineering teams, empowering teams to appraise their datasets from our clients’ perspective and take suitable action. We partner closely with our Product and Engineering counterparts to champion solutions that meet the data needs of our client-facing products. Primary themes in this area include being responsible for the continual refinement of the standard process principles, as well as supporting the development of the tooling and analytical solutions to measure, report on, and run data products as fit-for-purpose.
As we’re growing our global footprint, you will be the first team member located in the Princeton office! While we have existing team members in London and New York City locations, having a presence in Princeton will allow our team to directly support Data Product teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, analytical, self-starter to establish themselves as a regional domain leader within our largest Data office.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead global projects for a broad range of Bloomberg data products, to ensure our data products are fit-for-purpose according to client needs
- Independently and proactively engage the data product teams within the Princeton office to surface collaboration opportunities and build a broader awareness and application of key data quality principles
- Perform data profiling and apply statistical methodology to measure data quality, identify patterns and trends, and provide recommendations on actionable improvements
- Draw connections between outcome oriented data quality measurements and input process metrics to surface root cause and relationships of data
- Partner with Data Product counterparts to capture measurement, reporting, dashboarding and analytical requirements to craft, produce, analyze, and deliver metrics through different analytical and visualization techniques
- Partner with Engineering counterparts, providing clear business requirements, articulating business value, and collaborating on technical solutions
- Keep up with the industry trends, standards, and innovation within the data quality domain, and empower colleagues across our organization to demonstrate these in their day-to-day
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher degree preferably in a STEM subject area (e.g computer science, mathematics or engineering) or finance and economics or relevant data technology field or quantitative background
- 5+ years of professional experience, specifically geared towards technical business analysis and/or data management
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills, and application of descriptive and inferential statistical analysis on diverse datasets
- Proficiency in Python/R and SQL, or similar technologies, for hands-on data wrangling, and exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing
- A proactive posture, with a natural strive to challenge the status-quo in order to effect positive change across a large organization
- Strong partner management experience at multiple levels of the organization, as part of a large change programme, with the ability to lead and contribute to multiple global projects in parallel
- Applied experience within data management as a domain, with appreciation of data quality as a sub-domain of data management
We’d love to see:
- Qualifications in areas such as: data management (e.g. CDMP, DCAM), project management (e.g PMP, AgilePM, Prince2), business analysis (e.g CBAP), process optimization (Six Sigma)
- Experience in crafting and creating performance indicators and reporting across large organizations, using various reporting tools e.g Qlik, Tableau, Power BI
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, and how Bloomberg products deliver value to our clients
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus