Senior Fullstack Developer - Consumer Media
Posted Jul 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 90158
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. Our products require top-notch data tools to deliver and continuously improve the content and experiences we offer our users.
Media Data Tools is responsible for the internal data tools and libraries that drive A/B testing & targeting on Bloomberg.com. These provide abstractions for managing the complex concerns of user targeting & test bucketing, config deployment, and measurement. The system is used by developers, product managers, and marketers who together run several dozen tests at any given time. The team is also responsible for Bloomberg Media’s dashboarding and customer data platforms which empower marketers and data scientists to leverage the power of our data lake. By providing thoughtful abstractions and tools, we unlock the power of the company’s data for our technically diverse users and improve the business through a test-and-learn approach.
What’s in it for you?
As part of our team, you will work with a wide range of partners such as: Product, Analytics, Marketing, and other engineering teams. You will maintain and expand the features of data tools and services that use Kubernetes and Apache Airflow to provide power and structure for the business’s data needs. Our diverse user base needs our tools to access and leverage the company’s data. With the help of Google Cloud technologies like BigQuery, you’ll empower them with the software they need to improve the business through data-driven decision making.
Additionally, as the owner of applications which serve as the face of Media’s data capabilities, you will play a central role in growing the impact of data within the company. By working closely with your users you will develop a keen sense of their needs and challenges, and we’ll trust you to help set the direction and priorities of the team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to design thoughtful UX that delivers for their data needs while abstracting inherent dataset complexity
- Liaison with business partners and technical stakeholders like data scientists and engineers to drive strategy from the bottom-up
- Manage and expand DR-compliant software architectures, adhering to strict requirements concerning performance, stability, and availability
- Build applications that meet the performance and stability requirements that come with web-scale traffic
- Grow your domain expertise to find growth opportunities and to expand our team's impact.
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Experience with front end frameworks like React.js, Vue.js, etc
- Experience with RDBMS's like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience developing single-page web apps
- Experience designing and implementing internal tools
- Experience with ORM frameworks like ActiveRecord, Sequelize, etc
- High level SQL skills and data analytics experience
- Experience with data engineering concepts like extract, transform, and load (ETL) jobs
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.