Senior SQA Analyst
Posted May 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 75220
Bloomberg is seeking a senior level Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform functional testing for our Trading Solutions Software Quality Assurance team. The team performs functional software testing on Bloomberg’s Trading Solutions buy-side and sell-side products; providing multi-asset order and execution management solutions and investment cycle analytics.
The position specifically is part of the testing team for Bloomberg’s multi-asset class buy-side and sell-side Regulatory Reporting Hub (“RHUB”) that addresses firm’s MiFID II trade and transaction reporting via a single reporting platform. With a sophisticated rules engine to pre-validate reports, RHUB can identify incorrect or incomplete reports and enrich them with the appropriate static and financial instrument data to help keep your firm compliant.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of QA experience and possess a passion for testing. The candidate should have expertise with Message Protocols, including FIX.4.0, FIX.4.2, and FIX.4.4. The ability to handle multiple builds and frequent releases is critical along with very strong project management, technical, and communication skills. This will be put to use daily as you liaise internally with engineering and product teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics or Finance
- 5 years of manual and automated testing experience in regression and integration
- Experience with FIX Testing and creating automated tests for FIX testing.
- 3 years of experience with Order Management systems or Electronic Trading applications with an emphasis on regulatory space.
- Understanding of Fixed Income, Equity markets.
- Familiarity with Data Level Testing and using queries to test DB sanity.
- Scripting- C#, Python, or Perl is a plus with writing service level tests.
- Familiarity with ALM, Quality, Center, Jira, or Rally a plus
- Knowledge and deep understanding of Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM SDLC methodologies
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business experts to capture critical workflows for test preparation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Create and maintain FIX based testing scripts for our regression suite.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to create test cases for newly developed features.
- Analyze scenarios and test cases to create test scripts for new features using FIX, UI and Data level tests.
- Manage the entire STLC from gathering requirements, creation of manual test cases, testing new features, defect reporting to automation of scenarios prior to production release.
- Coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback on release quality.
- Analyze current inventory of regression scripts and rectify inefficiencies, knowledge of automation best practices.
- Conducting ad hoc impact analysis of script inventories and coordinating major changes to current regression suites of scripts.
- Assisting and training analysts & automation specialists on the best scripting strategies and practices, to gain efficiency.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.