Senior Software Engineer – Community Engineering
Posted May 15, 2018 - Requisition No. 67103
Would you like to be part of a team responsible for building a collaborative community of the world's most influential finance professionals? Our efforts provide Bloomberg clients with the most accurate, timely, and comprehensive profiles data on the market.
If you have the correct balance between innovation, experimentation and getting things done, we should talk. We are looking for someone who is bold, creative, open-minded and resourceful. You will work on a small team that takes pride in being inclusive, entrepreneurial, agile and responsive. We adapt to changes and the problems we face are constantly evolving.
The work environment is fast-paced. Expect to make immediate contributions to our production code.
As an engineer in Data Technologies, you’ll be responsible for the systems that onboard all the referential data that drive Bloomberg's applications and enterprise systems. As our clients are shifting more and more to rely on machines to interpret data and drive insights, we are utilizing cutting edge technologies to deliver unparalleled data quality. By joining Data Technologies, you will help us improve the accuracy, coverage, timeliness, and accessibility of our data to service our clients across all of Bloomberg's products. Learn more about the Data Technologies teams at Princeton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUu9LCNmiU
We’ll trust you to:
- Help reimagine the current architecture of our systems
- Develop systems that gather content through a combination of web crawling, machine learning, crowdsourcing algorithms and various other data mining methods
- Further advance client-facing screens to connect and highlight the depth of our person’s profile coverage
- Provide creative services that allow secure access to our vast profile databases
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional development experience with strong understanding of object-oriented analysis, design, and coding skills.
- Experience developing distributed systems in UNIX/Linux environment.
- Proficient in designing and implementing highly dynamic and interactive user interfaces
- Background in both relational (SQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of networking stack, file systems, memory management, etc
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field