Senior Software Engineer - Data - Business Intelligence
Posted Feb 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 114043
The Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team is looking for a proven senior engineer to join its team! Our fast-growing, diverse team of engineers is responsible for building scalable ingestion systems which handle and prepare petabytes of data for reporting, dashboards, and advanced analytics. Bloomberg runs on data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products and our Product teams rely on those insights to drive adoption and usage.
What's In It For You:
Join a fast-paced team of dedicated engineers who are committed to building automated, reliable, performance-oriented systems
Shape the strategic and technological direction of the team
Empower your career growth through exposure to new technologies and processes
- You will work closely with the Management Analysis team to build solutions to help drive product usage and find new sales opportunities
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams and vendors to enhance and ingest data from internal and external sources
- You will identify opportunities to simplify and automate workflows
- You will translate business requirements into robust and scalable data pipelines for key business metrics
- You will use technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and more
- You will be working with structured and unstructured datasets
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with DBMS, RDBMS and ETL methodologies.
- Experience building automated, scalable architectures in an enterprise setting
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Knowledge of database design and experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Programming experience in Python. PySpark and Scala is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, ETL processing and dimensional data modeling.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills
- Knowledge of Airflow and Argo is a plus
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark)
- Specific expertise in implementing Informatica solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of MPP systems
- Knowledge of streaming technologies like Kafka
- Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools such as QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org