Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Law Transactional Data
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 102581
Bloomberg Law is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for legal professionals by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Within Bloomberg Law, the Transactional Data Assets team is hiring! As part of our team, you are responsible for building tools, services and analytics that drive the future of legal research. We provide deep analysis to help our clients draft & review contracts. We aim to answer the hardest questions, at large scale, so be prepared to be challenged! Our clients depend on us to understand the meaning of their contracts, to surface problematic language, missing information and clauses that could put their firm at risk. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn, and apply cutting-edge technologies to build new legal product features that anticipate our customers’ needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work directly and build a strong partnership with our product teams and other internal customers to drive the product direction and to solve complex problems
- Collaborate with our data analysts to collect data, build internal tools, train & deploy models
- Lead design discussions about architecture, data models, new features and analytics
You'll need to have:
- Experience programming in Python (or other mainstream language like Java, c++, or C#)
- Experience with relational databases, object stores & caching
- Experience with micro services & distributed systems
- A passion to learn new technologies & solve business problems
We'd love to see:
- Experience with applying machine learning to solve complex NLP problems
- Experience with of Kafka, Redis
- Experience with AWS services
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.