Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Law
Posted Mar 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 89561
Bloomberg Law is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for legal professionals by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Within Bloomberg Law, the Transactional Data Assets team is hiring! As part of our team, you are responsible for building tools, services and analytics that drive the future of legal research. We provide deep analysis to help our clients draft & review contracts. We aim to answer the hardest questions, at large scale, so be prepared to be challenged! Our clients depend on us to understand the meaning of their contracts, to surface problematic language, missing information and clauses that could put their firm at risk. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn, and apply cutting-edge technologies to build new legal product features that anticipate our customers’ needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work directly and build a strong partnership with our product teams and other internal customers to drive the product direction and to solve complex problems
- Collaborate with our data analysts to collect data, build internal tools, train & deploy models
- Lead design discussions about architecture, data models, new features and analytics
You'll need to have:
- Experience programming in either Python, Java, or C++ (Python preferred)
- Experience with relational databases, object stores & caching
- Experience with micro services & distributed systems
- A passion to learn new technologies & solve business problems
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with applying machine learning to solve complex problems
- Experience with of Kafka, Redis
- Experience with C++ and Python bindings
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.