Senior Software Engineer - Crowdsourcing Technologies
Posted Mar 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 74351
The Data Technologies Web Services team provides web-based solutions to facilitate the acquisition of new data streams from outside parties into the Bloomberg ecosystem. Our solutions include full end-client applications, such as OpenFIGI.com and lei.bloomberg.com, web application tools such as Annex, and crowdsourcing solutions that the team maintains and is continually improving.
What is crowdsourcing? Crowdsourcing is the practice of utilizing a large group of people to accomplish a task by disseminating micro tasks, typically via an online platform. Bloomberg utilizes both public crowdsourcing platforms such as Figure Eight, as well as its own platform called GIGWork. These platforms enable gathering data, confirmation of data accuracy, and collecting truth data.
As more and more teams throughout Bloomberg Engineering begin utilizing machine learning, the need for high quality truth data, and systems to obtain that data, have never been higher. Our platform, GIGWork, is in a unique position to meet this need, therefore critical to the machine learning efforts of our firm.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer that has a real passion for application development and a strong desire to build infrastructure that will help bring Bloomberg’s machine learning efforts to the next level. If the below sounds like you, please apply below!
In this role, you can expect to work on the following:
- Integration of active learning
- Creating a streamlined integration with the Data Science platform
- Building support for more sophisticated workflows
- Seamless integration of annotation tools
- Collecting worker statistics
- And much more!
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our services stack
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Understand the needs of Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers and how those needs translate to functional enhancements to the platform
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience with Python in Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Significant experience with Machine Learning
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field