Senior Software Engineer - Data Technologies Web Services
Posted Jan 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 80558
The Data Technologies Web Services team provides web-based solutions to facilitate the acquisition of new data streams from outside parties into the Bloomberg ecosystem. Our solutions include full end-client applications, such as OpenFIGI.com and lei.bloomberg.com, as well as flexible web-based document annotation tools.
As more and more teams in Bloomberg Global Data start to focus on the speed and quality of data sets, our team is building a series of web based platforms to support these emerging use cases. The platform would replace many existing manual steps, and enable a streamlined workflow process with schema-driven Web form, scalable API endpoint, and performant batch processing which would integrate with various teams’s backend workflow. We will utilize an array of open source technology, as well as a group of Bloomberg technology infrastructures.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer that has a passion for Web application development, strong design/implementation skills integrating multiple external/internal systems, and a strong desire to help bring Bloomberg’s data workflow efforts to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Understand the needs of our clients, and come up with efficient and innovative approach to translate them to features and enhancements to the platform
- Keep bringing the latest and greatest innovation and technology stack from open source community to our products
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- 3+ years experience working with Node.js and Python, including server application, frameworks, and CLI tools
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience working with containers e.g. Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Cloud Computing platforms e.g. AWS
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies