Senior Software Engineer - Data Technologies Web Services
Posted May 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 95680
The Data Technologies Web Services team provides web-based solutions to facilitate the acquisition of new data streams from outside parties into the Bloomberg ecosystem. Our solutions include full end-client applications, such as OpenFIGI.com and lei.bloomberg.com, as well as APIs serving millions of requests on a daily basis.
As more and more teams in Bloomberg Global Data focus on the speed and quality of data sets, our team is building a series of web based platforms to support these emerging use cases. The platform would replace many existing manual steps, and enable a streamlined workflow process with schema-driven Web form, scalable API endpoint, and performant batch processing which would integrate with various team’s backend workflow. We will utilize an array of open source technology, as well as proprietary Bloomberg technology infrastructure. In addition, our existing web solutions are seeing fast growing requests, both in volume and new features. We are in the process of modernizing them with new architecture, design and tech stack.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer that has a passion for full stack Web application development, strong design/implementation skills integrating multiple external/internal systems, and a strong desire to help bring Bloomberg’s data workflow efforts to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Understand the needs of our clients, and come up with efficient and innovative approach to translate them to features and enhancements to the platform
- Keep bringing the latest and greatest innovation and technology stack from open source community to our products
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- 3+ years experience working with Node.js and Python, including server application, frameworks, and CLI tools
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience working with containers e.g. Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Cloud Computing platforms e.g. AWS
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with new/emerging web technologies such as WebAssembly, WebSocket, gRPC, GraphQL etc.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.