Senior Software Engineer - Discoverability & Analytics
Posted Jun 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 104707
For over 35 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to find the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions. The Discoverability and Analytics team within Bloomberg helps traders find and analyze complex time-series data sets for Global Financial Markets. This can take many forms such as comparing company-reported with broker-estimated data or understanding the detailed segmented contributions to revenue. The team interacts with a varied and growing set of data sources and consumer systems.
Given this diversity, we are constantly pursuing the best solutions and data visualizations for each task. This can range from live aggregation of incoming financial publications to distributed metadata systems that support millions of queries per second.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of technical solutions
- Work with stakeholders to negotiate system requirements
- Design end to end software systems
- Support systems at all stages of the software life-cycle
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years experience with Python, C++, or Java in a production environment
- Familiarity with either at least one database system (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, HBase, etc)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to design software systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with caching and search systems such as Redis or Apache Solr
- Experience with Docker and continuous integration
- Knowledge of financial markets or an interest to learn
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.