Senior Software Engineer - Electronic Trading
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 111053
Who we are:
We are the engineering team behind the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform encompassing Fixed Income securities, Commodities, Currencies, Derivatives and Equities. Our platform provides end-to-end solutions across the trading life cycle so traders can connect more successfully to the global trading markets — all in one place.
The Electronic Trading Test Infrastructure Team is looking for a software engineer to help build frameworks to automate testing and software delivery at all stages of the SDLC and post deployment. As a member of the ET Test Infrastructure Team, you will work closely with QA, SREs, Application Engineers and Bloomberg infrastructure teams to design and deliver a continuous testing and continuous deployment framework.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop/expand automation test frameworks used by QA and Engineering teams
- Create and capture metrics that provide test coverage analysis
- Devise systems that can test the capacity, stress and reliability of the trading platform
- Help to support the automation testing strategy throughout Electronic Trading SDLC
- Help realize our vision for continuous deployment and continuous testing
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent -work experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion for delivering quality software at speed
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated backend and UI testing frameworks
- A desire to drive DevOps and CI/CD
- An understanding of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Exposure to Docker and containerisation
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus