Senior Software Engineer - Execution Management System
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 110842
Do you want a front-row seat to the financial markets? Would you like to gain insights and perspectives on how they work and test software that helps shape their future success? Join us!
Bloomberg is seeking a Software Engineer, with a focus on testing, to help ensure the quality of our Trade Automation and Execution product offerings. The team uses technology to perform functional software testing on Bloomberg’s Execution Management System (EMSX). You will be working with the Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to scale the automated testing needs with tight timelines. In addition, a great deal of analysis of data input and output is expected.
EMSX is a multi-asset class trading platform that integrates Bloomberg exchange and broker data with clients' equity, futures, and options orders. EMSX allows clients to seamlessly route to over 1300 brokers representing over 2800 algorithmic/DMA, program, and cash trading destinations. EMSX allows clients to download order details into accounting and back office systems, as well as run execution reports to populate their Order Management System in real time. EMSX also provides a straight-through-processing solution that simplifies and automates all trading activity on our clients' global trading desks.
You’ll need to have:
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them
- Passion for testing and experience in backend or front end testing frameworks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Linux systems
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing, utilizing the latest technology stack
- Experience creating automation frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis or TeamCity
- Understanding of Financial Markets
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Experience with mentoring and training other members of the team
- Comfortable with giving demos to multiple teams to showcase work progress
- Experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.