Senior Software Engineer - Sell-Side Trading Platform
Posted Nov 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 111212
Every day, thousands of traders across the globe rely on the Bloomberg Sell-Side System to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, Sell-Side delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, market making, inventory management, front office collaboration, middle office operations, and electronic trading.
By providing customizable workflows, extensive analytics, and high performing functionality, our tools allow users to get the information they need fast and stay one step ahead of the market. We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage their positions, risk and P&L, make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools, and analyze their clients' behaviors to anticipate future needs. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools and technology.
We seek a talented and highly self-motivated Software Testing Engineer to join the Sell-Side Quality Assurance Team. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems with other engineers while gaining exposure to Product Managers, Salespeople, Clients and other engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have experience developing full-stack software focusing on testing, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem-solving independently and in team settings.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping to drive the test automation strategy for the Sell-Side engineering organization.
- Integrating solutions across multiple engineering teams to implement system (or end-to-end) tests that mimic client behavior
- Developing/expanding automation test frameworks that peer Engineering teams will use to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage.
- Collaborating with Quality Analysts and Application Development Teams within a BDD framework.
- Gathering metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of building automation frameworks or related developer tools
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technology field and 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing, utilizing the latest technology stack
- Knowledge of Node, CSS
We'd love to see:
- Passion for testing and experience in backend or front end testing frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Travis
- Familiarity with BDD and TDD Frameworks and testing processes such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Experience with mentoring and training other team members
- Comfortable with giving demos to multiple teams to showcase work progress
- Understanding of Financial Markets
- Experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Grafana and Humio a plus
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.