Senior Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution
Posted Aug 21, 2023 - Requisition No. 118252
Who we are:
The financial industry hinges on one simple act: the trade. When our customers want to exchange value with other parties, they need to be able to do so with ease and immediacy, and are able to do so using solutions such as those provided by the Trade Automation and Execution team (TRAX). With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that is passionate about solving challenging problems. The ideal candidate will ensure reliable and resilient enterprise software by working closely with product owners and other engineers to build and scale test automation frameworks and assist with system stability and resiliency processes.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, develop, and release high-quality, scalable and maintainable code with comprehensive automated test coverage
- Get an up-close view of the global financial markets, while solving challenging real-world problems. Your work will be impactful to a diverse global community of traders and brokers
- Embrace collaboration and inclusivity while working with intelligent engineers from diverse backgrounds who are technology savvy and business savvy
- Work directly with product owners to build applications that clients use to tackle complex problems
- Contribute to the company’s major investment towards growing our market penetration of the top tier asset managers
- Take ownership of the full development cycle, from research and design to production rollout and client enablement
- Be a part of a mission driven organization that values the safety and transparency of financial markets, and the ideals of service and philanthropy
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with an object-oriented programming language (C++, Python, Java, etc.) and delivering a Real Time Event Driven System
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to solve new problems in unique ways
- Good communication skills to work with other teams and explain technical problems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with developing production quality systems
- Experience in delivering mission critical systems using TDD/BDD practices
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Acceptance Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube, TeamCity)
- Containerization and orchestration technologies (like Docker, Kubernetes)
- Grafana, Splunk, Humio
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you!
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus