Senior Software Engineer - Travel & Expense (Consultant)
Posted Feb 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 73620
The Bloomberg Travel & Expense Engineering team has an exciting opportunity to build a brand new Travel and Expense system from the ground up. You will play a key role in helping the team implement the new system, exploring and evaluating various technologies along the way, in order to replace our legacy system.
The Travel & Expense system is a complete suite of end user facing and back end functionalities that enables all Bloomberg employees to manage their business related expenses and reimbursements. You will work closely with the end users to blueprint and deliver end user process interactions and influence the design of integrations with several external data sources, like American Express, MasterCard, etc. By creating automated expense filing capabilities utilizing rules, heuristics and machine learning the new Travel and Expense system will make it easier for employees to file expenses. Further modules will include tools to enable a smooth accounting process, as well as, management reporting.
What’s the role?
You’ll be working with a talented team of technologists and product owners to help design and implement a user friendly application that handles complex business logic to meet local regulatory and compliance requirements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate in an agile, multidisciplinary, fast-paced team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development, and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience working extensively with Node.js & React.js
- 2+ years of experience working with Python
- Experience in all phases of Agile SDLC
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment (unit testing frameworks like Unitest, Autotest, Pytest, etc.
- Experience using Git as the source control system
- A passion for standardization, style guides, and process efficiency
- Ability to quickly embrace and master new technologies and put them into practice
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with relational databases
- 1+ years of experience with PostgreSQL