Senior Software Engineer - Web Acquisition - Data Technologies
Posted Oct 2, 2023 - Requisition No. 120568
Bloomberg Data Technologies Engineering is seeking a Software Engineer that has a passion for full stack development, design/implementation skills, and experience integrating multiple external and internal systems. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the research, design, development and maintenance of low-latency, distributed web scraping solutions.
Bloomberg customers expect access to data ahead of competitors and market moves. To that end, you will contribute to continuous enhancements to our platforms to improve speed, stability and the ability to maintain robust content streams from important websites. Collecting data from the web at scale is a problem that is constantly evolving as the technological landscape and use of data evolves. This role will expose you to a wide variety of technologies, and will require you to constantly evolve with the technologies that we work with.
You will work closely with Business, Data, and other Engineering teams globally in a hybrid environment on all phases of software development using Agile methodologies. You will fully own products and collaborate with team members and partners to shape the team's direction and vision.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform.
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable.
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns.
- Understand the needs of our clients, translate requirements into features and enhancements to our web crawling platforms..
- Bring the latest and greatest innovation and technology stack features from the open source community to our products.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years experience working with C++ including server application, frameworks, CLI tools, and building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We’d like to see:
- Web Crawling or Web scraping experience
- Experience with low latency systems
- Experience working with Microservice architectures and methodologies such as Twelve-factor and Lambda
- Familiarity with Transport and Application layer protocols
- Knowledge of Big Data, SQL and NoSQL Databases, and Cloud-Based Object Stores
- Understanding of queuing and caching technologies
- Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning techniques to help with automation
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus