Senior Software QA Analyst- TOMS Risk
Posted Aug 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 68571
Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS) is an industry leading, comprehensive fixed income solution for the trading community. For sell-side fixed income firms, Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for front-end inventory, trading, compliance and middle & back office operations. With TOMS, you can optimize your workflow, increase global distribution to markets, manage risk and compliance, and improve operational efficiency. The TOMS Product is investing in providing a seamlessly integrated solution for order management and comprehensive risk, with full coverage for cross-asset derivatives.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg TOMS is seeking a senior level Software Quality Assurance Analyst to focus on Risk Management and P&L applications across multiple asset classes. First and foremost, you will be responsible for the quality and stability of risk and P&L functionality in the OMS for fixed income securities and derivatives. You'll work closely with peers in product management and engineering to construct test plans for new feature projects and execute test cases. You will also build automated test scripts and execute them against each development build. This is a detail oriented role that will empower you to drive the quality of the TOMS product in a team environment.
We will trust you to:
- Apply previous sell-side risk experience to expand test coverage of the TOMS Risk/P&L Product.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the workflows of TOMS clients through extensive interaction with our development and product teams in New York and London.
- Obtain and analyze software requirements
- Develop scenarios and functional test cases to execute against system enhancements
- Build robust regression test scripts using our automation technology or by designing or building new solutions and tools.
- Utilize strong project management skills with the energy, creativity and flexibility needed to handle multiple builds and frequent releases.
You will need to have:
- At least 3 years of experience working on Derivative Risk and P&L applications
- Working knowledge of sell-side risk methodologies including Credit/Interest Rate Key-Rate Risk, IR Vega Risk, IR Gamma Risk, IR Basis Risk, FX Vega, FX Delta, Scenarios and Greeks-based P&L Explain.
- Foundational knowledge of Interest Rate, Credit and FX Derivatives.
- Foundational knowledge of how a sell-side trading desk looks at Risk and P&L and the technologies they use to do so.
- At least 3 years previous software testing with automation experience
- Experience with Order Management Systems or Electronic Trading platforms
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Economics, Finance or Business
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience with FIX protocol and test tools for sending FIX messages
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Bloomberg
- Experience with Python or Java
- Strong MS Excel, VB Script, VB.Net, VBA