Bloomberg runs on data – and our Global Data department supplies and analyzes how our clients consume that data from hundreds of thousands of sources. In a cohesive partnership our Global Data and Data Technologies Engineering teams work together to build scalable systems and applications to acquire, extract, and disseminate this data to downstream systems and clients. Our clients depend on this data being on-boarded as quickly as possible, with the highest possible quality in order to make critical business decisions.
We are looking for a Senior UX / UI designer to work seamlessly across our Global Data and Data Technologies department to help drive our development of the next generation of data processing tools. You pride yourself on your strong interpersonal skills and experience partnering with Engineers and Data Analysts, are curious to learn about new workflows, love to design groundbreaking interfaces coupled with your practical approach to problem solving. You are familiar with premier methodology client-side web technologies, and seek to simplify the user experience and design smartly.
We'll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with Data Analysts, Technical Operations, and Engineers on Agile teams to gather functional and user requirements to design the tools’ attributes based on product needs and user feedback.
- Partner with engineers to figure out feasibility and execute ideas by prototyping suggested solutions, and iteratively testing the applications produced by engineering.
- Conceptualize solutions and design interfaces which improve user efficiency and experience
- Bring improvements and optimizations to users.
- Assist in planning and execute user interviews and usability testing to obtain a complete understanding of client workflows and unmet needs
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in the design and development of database-driven web products
- Passion for transforming complex concepts and data sets into simple, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and experiences
- Solid visual and information design skills, along with a proficiency in Adobe CS products
- Solid track record building high-fidelity prototypes.
- Visionary approach with experience creating and implementing new strategies
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions
- Experience working in a dynamic, iterative manner.
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Degree in either a design-related field or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience building user workflows
- Ability to code in AngularJS and Sass
- Strong Experience with XHTML/CSS/Jquery
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.