Senior Web Front End Developer – Business Intelligence (Consultant)
Posted Nov 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 71811
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for driving analytics throughout the organization to improve our products, engage better with our customers, create greater efficiencies, and drive new businesses by providing insights into the data. Can you change the way our business works?
Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products, how our systems execute, and how our employees engage with our customers. We are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle petabytes of data, with billions of new data points being ingested daily?
Are you a hands-on Senior Web Front End developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with implementing solutions for the entire organization? We are implementing an Enterprise Data Marketplace that allows consumers to discover datasets available in the organization in a frictionless manner in accordance with strict security rules. In addition, the platform allows data producers to integrate their data into the marketplace including the scheduling of ingestion workflows from a variety of sources (files, streams, databases, services) to a variety of destinations (databases, HDFS). Are you up for the challenge?
In order to be successful:
- You are a creative, full stack web developer intimately familiar with the Nodejs/React stack.
- You should be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms using Industry leading ETL solutions.
- You will design user interfaces taking them from mock ups for UX approval all the way to deployment in production.
- You are expected to be familiar with developing web applications in an enterprise environment with an emphasis on integrations with authentication and authorization systems, services and databases.
- You should thrive in building scalable, high throughput systems that can support thousands of users.
- You must have strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- You should be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years developing websites with React/NodeJS
- 2+ years working with enterprise integrations
- 2+ years building highly available websites (plus low latency, scalability)
- A great eye for UX design
- A firm grasp of networking concepts including services, protocols, proxies, and firewalls
- A strict adherence to software engineering principles
- An appreciation for protecting PII at all stages of data movement
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience collaborating with Product managers
- Ability to break down high level business ideas/needs into smaller actionable design and technical tasks
- Ability to translate/explain very technical details to nontechnical teams
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk! Please apply here.