Software QA Automation Engineer
Posted Aug 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 76479
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across dozens of data sets and thousands of applications, our analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency, and we are the first line of defense for all system and workflow issues that impact data processing. We are the Global Data TechOps Integration & Support team.
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to help prevent production bugs and issues by automating various types of testing and running those tests on a regular basis.
What you’ll work on:
You will have a unique opportunity to create automated tests for both legacy and new tech components. The tests you implement will fundamentally improve our time to market, user experience, and data quality. We’ll trust you to work directly with Engineers and Data Analysts to understand workflows and to ideate solutions. You will develop and evolve a reusable test automation framework. You will balance multiple projects and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo.
As a leader and engineer, you will:
- Write and maintain code for automated tests.
- Build automated regression, performance, backend, and API tests for various applications.
- Understand applications in order to create and maintain test cases, and identify requirements, dependencies, and configurations.
- Develop automated testing strategies designed to improve software quality and promote best practices throughout the development life cycle.
- Facilitate communication during major issues and interact with stakeholders.
- Conduct root cause analysis and create action plans to mitigate future incidents.
What you need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field.
- 2+ years experience writing automated tests - UI, regression, backend, API, or performance tests.
- 2+ years experience using automation tools (SoapUI and Selenium preferred).
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and data-driven while solving problems and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to rise to the occasion and independently contribute, and equal passion for teamwork and leading others.
- Willingness to learn, and teach! We are committed to continual technical education, and we have a culture of mentorship.
- The ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you? Does this almost sound like you? Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.