Software Test Engineer - Electronic Trading Applications
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 88440
Do you want a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights & perspectives on how they work and test software that helps shape their future success? Join us! Bloomberg is seeking a Software Test Engineer to to join our Quality team and test our Execution Management System (EMSX). We perform functional software testing for electronic trading applications for equities, futures & options securities. We operate in an Agile development environment and are looking for a self-motivated software engineer with a passion for quality, testing software and test automation.
Partnering with our Application Engineering and Business teams globally will give you exposure to our markets, client trends and the latest technology innovations we are building to find creative ways to test and improve our trading platforms.
EMSX is a multi-asset class trading platform that integrates Bloomberg exchange and broker data with clients' equity, futures, and options orders. EMSX allows clients to seamlessly route to over 1300 brokers representing over 2800 algorithmic/DMA, program, and cash trading destinations. EMSX allows clients to download order details into accounting and back office systems, as well as run execution reports to populate their Order Management System in real time. EMSX also provides a straight-through-processing solution that simplifies and automates all trading activity on our clients' global trading desks.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years or more of Test Automation Experience using tools such as Selenium, Jest, Cypress, Postman etc
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile SDLC
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing, utilizing the latest technology stack
- Experience with Bloomberg Terminal
- Understanding of Equity markets
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- Experience creating automation frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with mentoring and training other members of the team
- Comfortable with giving demos to multiple teams to showcase the progress of the work done
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.