Talent Partner- Global Data
New York, NY
Posted Oct 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 71413
About Our Team:
We are Global Leadership and Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organizational development specialists working alongside HR business partners, recruiters and business leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope, diverse businesses and a desire to remain nimble. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping develop existing leaders and identify and develop high potential talent.
Global Data- At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data we’re responsible for acquiring, normalizing, publishing, and delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, we are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily.
What’s the role?
As a Talent Partner, you’ll collaborate with Global Data and business aligned HR teams to understand the talent and leadership development needs to build and deliver bespoke solutions. You’ll be tasked to link talent development to business performance, ensuring that your solutions are culturally relevant, scalable globally and aligned with our global priorities. You’ll recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development, change management, and other organization development approaches based on client needs. You'll be part of a team that designs, delivers and evaluates the core leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior managers.
In addition to supporting our leaders in the Americas, our New York-based Talent Partners work with our Talent Development teams in EMEA and APAC to develop our leaders and teams around the globe.
Who are you?
You’ll thrive in our area as an exceptional multi-tasker, who has a real passion for talent strategy development and learning solutions. You are able to understand our businesses challenges and opportunities and see how they link to talent development needs. You’re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You’re someone who thinks globally but able to customize the requirement to local needs and a high degree of integrity and want to make a difference.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with HR colleagues and senior leaders to understand the leadership, talent and learning needs from their business areas and engage resources from the enterprise Talent Development team to create solutions
- Help build out workforce plans to solve for future workforce needs, as a well as succession plans for critical roles and individuals across the business
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR to define the overall talent needs for different parts of the business and align development with a broader people strategy
- Work collaboratively with Talent Development colleagues locally and globally to drive the talent plan for businesses you support
- Support the technical training team embedded with the business to identify people development and soft skill development needs, and incorporate them into business training [open to changes to this language]
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential leadership talent for businesses you support
- Design selected leadership development courses / solutions to be utilized regionally and globally
You need to be able to:
- Partner with business managers and HR Business Partners to create and implement strategic talent plans
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for leadership audiences
You need to have:
- 10+ years of proven track record of design and delivery of training in a commercial environment, with a strong emphasis on leadership development
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of learning and development in design choices and the use of different media
- Consulting experience (as an internal or external consultant
- Coaching Experience
- Experience with implementing change and talent management initiatives
- Experience identifying and developing high potential talent
- Solid organizational skills and take personal accountability for the success of initiatives
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- An ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects, and an ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Consulting experience
- Experience in financial or professional services
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status