Team Leader - Dividend Forecasting Data
Posted Jan 5, 2024 - Requisition No. 122445
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes.
The Dividend Forecasting Data team monitors and interprets major company developments to identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors. The team is responsible for providing value beyond reported data using their financial knowledge to forecast key data-points about a company that clients can use to understand the potential direction and magnitude of a company’s dividend payout. The team uses their sector and regional domain expertise to generate insightful content for client consumption.
What’s the Role?
As the Dividend Forecasting Data Team Leader, you will play a key role in developing and leading individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds ranging from data analysts to data management professionals. You will lead by example in understanding the financial market, dividends data, data management practices, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are essential to guide the team successfully. To do so you will have a small portfolio of company dividends to forecast. Using your experience, you will guide your team to find opportunities to expand coverage, ensure quality and timeliness of the product, and improve processes closely with team specialists, product, and engineering. You will guide your teams to think strategically, apply data management standard methodologies to their data sets, and to deliver quality data that is ready to use and fit for purpose.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of data analysts and data management professionals who are experts in their field through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, and project management
- Collaborate globally with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve fit-for-purpose data and functionality across the terminal
- Encourage the team to craft and implement proactive data quality management standard methodologies supported by customer-focused metrics and processes
- Develop data modeling and ETL skills within the team while collaborating with Engineering teams to develop a robust dataset that increases client’s value
- Build processes that enable the best methods of delivering data that surpasses client expectations using data governance expertise alongside the Dividend Forecasting Data Product Owner
- Stay up to date with industry trends and standard processes to be able to proactively spot opportunities for improvement
- Maintain a portfolio of companies in which you’ll be responsible for producing, reviewing, and updating dividend forecasts
You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years of relevant leadership experience or strong relevant experience as an individual contributor as well as relevant domain knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in data management related role such as data quality, data modeling and/or data engineering
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis using tools such as Python, SQL, and/or Tableau
- Experience working with large datasets alongside the ability to quantify trends impacting the industry
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative evidence to drive commercial decisions
- Strategic vision to align your team's goals while providing outstanding service to business and other internal/external clients
- Experience implementing a product strategy which delivers on that vision
- Superb interpersonal skills to establish strong credibility and influential relationships in order to communicate business needs and an operational strategy to internal and external partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus