Team Leader - Third Party Index Automation
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96149
Bloomberg runs on data, and as the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, adding value and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal. We identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes.
The Global Data 3rd Party Indices product is looking for a Team Leader to manage and develop our Index Automation team, a high-performing team of Index analysts. Your role is key in driving our people, processes and dataset as we strive to mature into a multi-asset product. The Indices product has many opportunities to build out new workflows, improve data quality, and generate premium content for our clients.
The Global Data Index Automation team focuses on quantitative and computational work that supports our operations and adds value for our end users. Their responsibilities include building ETL pipelines, workflow automations, data analyses to support our operations, safeguard data quality, provide market insights, and prototype new client-facing functionality. As team leader, you’ll coordinate with our global management team and the Index dataset’s diverse stakeholders, set and drive strategic priorities, and coach your team members to excel in their roles.
We’ll trust you to:
- Bring passion and enthusiasm to every situation. You strive to see results and enjoy solving complex problems, and you like nothing more than finding a creative way to improve a process.
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a high-performing team
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to create, document, and execute processes and implement processes and standards for data management in accordance with best practices
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders such as Engineering, CTO, Core Product, Bloomberg Indices, News, and several other data teams across the company
- Work closely with Data Governance to ensure compliance and to identify new opportunities to improve our products across our data model
- Manage and analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new innovative workflow solutions to improve quality and time to market for the Index dataset
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy and premium customer service
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with tech-ops and engineering teams, and maintain awareness of technological developments within the department and industry to drive innovations and align developments.
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management and client escalations
- Effectively project manage and set tangible team and product goals
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably including studies in computer science, data science, or information systems
- Strong technical competence in Python or another programming language
- Demonstrated domain expertise in one or more data products
- Proven ability to use technology to develop innovative data products and processes
- Track record of driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership, training, and mentoring abilities, either through prior formal or informal experience
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree in computer science, data science, information systems, engineering, or another computational or business field
- Market knowledge in the index space: Methodology, fundamental calculations, contemporary trends in indexing, &c.
- Experience deploying and maintaining production workflows (e.g., ETL, predictive models)
- Varied project management experience and/or certifications (CAPM, PMP and/or CSM)
- Presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.