Team Leader, GD Supply Chain Research
Posted Apr 29, 2020 - Requisition No. 82719
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team, we are responsible for providing companies with deep insights into their purchasing and production costs, how to manage procurement expenditures, and helping to identify potential supplier or customer risks. For investment professionals, supply chain analysis can help provide an edge by finding production disruptions at suppliers or spending budget cuts at a company’s customer base. Supply Chain data can help detect positive signals emanating from deep within the supply chains of their current or prospective portfolio holdings.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively manage, motivate, and develop a team. You will lead by example in understanding the dataset, the processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. Leveraging your market knowledge and experiences, you will be hands-on in guiding your team to finding opportunities to utilize technology to improve processes, expand coverage, and ensure quality and timeliness of the product. You will work with team specialists to create business opportunities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to create, document, and execute processes and standards, in consultation with leadership, to ensure appropriate methodologies for data management
- Manage and analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new innovative workflow solutions to improve the time to market/quality/create efficiency in your dataset
- Oversee and design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders (primarily Core Product, Technical Operations, Engineering, and Sales)
- Research new data sets and utilize the knowledge of the team to generate premium content
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a high-performing team
- Work with individual team members to create opportunities for them to advance in their careers within Bloomberg
- Engage with internal and external users to resolve inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
- Strong working knowledge of the financial markets and corporate structures
- Demonstrated expertise with financial modeling, financial statements, accounting principles, and statistics
- Proven ability to use technology to innovative data products and processes
- Technical competence in at least one programming language/environment, e.g., Python, SQL, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills either through prior formal/informal experience
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Customer-focused mindset and ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, or Professional Certifications (CFA, etc.)
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience, preferred (CAPM, PMP and/or CSM)
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, or HackerRank
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.