Bloomberg's Global Data Technical Operations Division is on the quest for a Technical Product Manager to join our team in the Princeton, NJ office. The Technical Operations department drives the direction and implementation of technology solutions that position Global Data as the best-in-class provider of data aggregation, cleansing, normalization, and premium content services. We collaborate with Data Management and Engineering to devise solutions to increase the efficiency of the business, improve data quality, and reduce time-to-market for our clients. The Technology Advocate team within Technical Operations is comprised of product managers who are responsible for the design, development, and management of the technology solutions that are used by Data Management to facilitate each component of its workflow.
The objective of the group is to develop a new technology stack that is configurable, reusable, and scalable in order to replace legacy systems and reduce technical debt while improving the ability to quickly on-board new content by reducing dependency on Engineering. We partner closely with the Business Intelligence team to not only identify opportunities to improve the technology stack, but to ensure that new components are built with all of the necessary logging to provide full Operational Transparency.
What’s the role?
As a successful Technical Product Manager, you have more than just an ability to identify requirements and manage projects. You will provide the vision and strategy for process design and application of technology for data processing. You will help build components of the global data technology stack. In addition, you will be working together with members of our Data Technology Engineering team to develop and roll-out modular and scalable solutions.
Our professionals are those special people who can innovate, drive, and design technical business solutions in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment while inspiring others to adopt change and increase user acceptance.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build integrated solutions for end-to-end data processing to on-board datasets, replace legacy systems, eliminate technical debt and optimize operations.
- Design, lead, and measure experiments to gather feedback in order to make the components of our technology stack more effective
- Collaborate with other product managers on the team to drive the interface design of the various components of our technology stack
- Synthesize customer insights to drive development strategy and present findings to senior leadership across business and engineering in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Test the limits of our practical growth capabilities through the design of new business concepts and workflows
- Craft comprehensive plans for multi-functional infrastructure projects and rollout to users
- Provide guidelines and best practices for our internal implementation team on the design and configuration of effective solutions that address specific business problems using a component, or combination of components, from our technology stack
- Promote the application of technology throughout the organization to optimize operations by improving efficiency, quality, timeliness, and resource management
You’ll need to have:
- Master's Degree in Business, or equivalent professional experience, along with an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or technology
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience utilizing diverse data management stores with demonstrable capacity to design complex data models for financial data
- Experience with processing to ingest data from numerous, disparate data sources and transforming it into meaningful and actionable information
- Previous professional industry experience in the creation and design of technology solutions with enterprise-wide impact to business processes, technology strategies and governance
- Comprehensive knowledge of business process design, analysis, implementation and testing of new business processes and concepts
- Ability to build partnerships with multi-functional teams during the project life-cycle and to interface and facilitate interactions with engineering and data subject-matter-experts
- Capacity to deliver clear and concise documentation that supports business requirements, use cases, and process improvement flow charts