US Fertilizer Market Pricing Analyst - Remote (Contract)
Posted Sep 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 119119
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across fertilizer product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables fertilizer professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance.
Green Markets is expanding its fertilizer market coverage in North America. The business is seeking a high-energy fertilizer market professional to join its team of pricing analysts that cover global fertilizer market prices.
The Fertilizer Market Pricing Analyst continually develops and manages an existing network of industry participants representing buyers and sellers of fertilizer, as well as market intermediaries. Following specific guidelines the analyst regularly engages with and gathers data from market participants to develop high-confidence, proprietary price assessments for fertilizer products within defined regional markets.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network within the fertilizer industry to undertake price discovery and ascertain market developments. The role requires communicating with market participants, learning/knowing/uncovering market trends and developments, and synthesizing this information to develop proprietary pricing intelligence and market reports to be used by a variety of market constituents.
You will be responsible for sourcing market sentiment information, reacting to feedback from clients and company stakeholders, and managing ad-hoc projects that are part of the overall product strategy. Your industry knowledge will also play a central part in the marketing of any product launch. A secondary role is to report on industry news in support of our global coverage.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and further develop a proprietary network to source fertilizer prices and market sentiment
- Work within a pricing discovery process provided to you by Bloomberg
- Use salesforce automation software to simplify and organize network development
- Provide activity tracking using established methods and best practices
- Use a source and pricing data tracking tool to organize data and provide transparency of network/source feedback
- Operate within established ethical guidelines to be provided
- Obtain current market prices and provide written market sentiment narrative on fertilizer products
- Submit short-format articles of fertilizer industry news for publication following established processes, formats and style
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing, buying or selling fertilizer products
- Expert understanding of fertilizer pricing dynamics, influences and mechanisms
- Credible knowledge of the fertilizer market and/or a strong understanding of the companies operating in this industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship development skills
- Analytical and information gathering skills combined with the ability to develop written conclusions on market pricing trends
We’d love to see:
- A passion for understanding the nuances of the global fertilizer industry
- Interest in continuous learning and expanding fertilizer industry knowledge base
- Ability to assimilate and transform gathered market intelligence into narrative market reporting
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 30 - 40 USD Hourly